Note: you can change the font size and view with the controls in the upper right corner of the page.
Regular Meeting - Saturday May 24, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Feature Speaker: Raymond Bautista, Federal Investigator with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, will share his personal story of overcoming vision loss and provide important information on your rights in the employment sector.
Bayland Park Group - Friday June 7, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Bayland Community Center - 6400 Bissonnett, Houston, TX
- Please bring your own lunch.
Selected Previous Meeting Videos Now Available
Mercer Arboretum Tour Video - May 8, 2010
- Live Theater Productions - (Live descripting by Houston Sight Into Sound)
- Productions scheduled monthly
This is a link to a new "internet based" text to speech web browser. It provides internet access to those with low vision from locations such as libraries that do not have expensive software and systems available. It will work with any computer that has web access and a speaker system attached. Give it a try! Please note: This is a development edition of the software.
The Houston Low Vision Club is an organization of visually impaired men and women that meets at the Houston Metropolitan Multi-Service Center.
The club's objective is to assist those experiencing significant vision loss to discover ways to continue daily activities and maintain their independence. In addition to providing members access to valuable information, the club provides the visually impaired an opportunity to talk with others that share their challenges, including family members and friends. Membership in the club is available to all adults who are experiencing Low Vision, their friends and family, professionals and others interested in the field of sight enhancement.
Club meetings frequently include guest speakers from the low vision specialists, government agencies and commercial providers. In the past these have included manufacturers of specialty equipment, specialist in mobility, driver training, state agencies such as DARS, and Lighthouse for the Blind. Field trips are frequently an option.
- Regular Meetings are held on fourth Saturdays from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Metropolitan Multi-Service Facility - 1475 West Gray, Houston, TX (MMSC Maps & Directions)
This site is designed with low vision users in mind. I welcome any suggestions that you may have to improve content or usability.
Please send suggestions to: jgreer613 (at) gmail (dot) com